Behind the Scenes, Other

Thrift Find | Moschino Skirt

July 19, 2012

Found this Moschino Cheap and Chic skirt for realzz cheap at a thrift store. So cheap I almost felt bad for paying so little. Funny thing is, if it were a Gap or Old Navy skirt then I would’ve been charged a fortune. “Es americana!”

Thrifted Cheap & Chic Moschino skirt

The length makes me look somewhat matronly and shorter than usual, but who cares. Bring on the man repelling!

Floral Cheap & Chic Moschino skirtOn being featured and stuff:

Even though I feel flattered to be given any sort of attention, I suck at self-promotion.
Last March (yep, about 4 months ago) I was featured on much read Honduran magazine, Estilo. I never thought this would happen because Estilo is all about fancy ladies in Louboutins and baby showers that cost more than my house, so it was a huge compliment to be asked to do this.

Fabi Pina feat. on Revista Estilo Honduras

It was fun. I said things like “it’s time for me to buy a pair of Karen Walker sunnies” but I haven’t because DANG, so much money for a pair of sunnies my little brother could easily sit on. Other than that, I shared my love for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Chloe Sevigny, print mixing, vintage jewelry and how much I identified with paranoid Oliver from Submarine.

Hooray for shameless self-promotion!

You Might Also Like

31 Comments

• Reply Nina Gonzalez July 19, 2012 at 7:56 am

love the print 🙂 y felicidades on being featured in that magazine!

• Reply Miss Fashiogger July 19, 2012 at 8:55 am

Congratulations Fabi!!! That is only the beggining. Even though we don´t know each, I´m extremely proud of you. My family is from Honduras and I love that you are a TWF who knows her stuff. Keep it up, and don´t feel bad about self promotion you deserve it!!!

xox,
    Miss F

• Reply Sausan Hanifah July 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Beautiful skirt, Fabi!
    Congrats btw! <3

• Reply compradora anonima July 20, 2012 at 4:03 am

a mi me encanta encontrar piezas valiosas y pagar casi nada, es increible
    felicidades por estar en esa revista tan importante en tu pais,vendran muchas cosas mas para ti por que tienes un estilo increible

• Reply Inggrid Monalita July 20, 2012 at 6:55 am

great post!
    come by and lets fllw each other if you love to do:)
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

• Reply Kendra Alexandra July 20, 2012 at 9:40 am

Love it, lucky you with the article. I do agree though, everyone needs KW sunnies 🙂
    Love your blog by the way, about to go back through your old posts 🙂
    I’ll love to follow you on GFC if you follow me?

Kendra
    xx

StolenInspiration.com

• Reply Stacy July 20, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I just wanted to stop by to extend my gratitude to you for following my blog! Thank you so much.

• Reply RoselyC July 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm

You are right about what thrift shops consider expensive brands. But I guess that’s just a plus for those who can spot a really high fashion brand for a few bucks.

• Reply Izumi Bogen July 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm

that’s so cool, congrats!

xx,
    Hybid Hunter
    +GIVEAWAY+

• Reply Maha and Amal July 22, 2012 at 5:24 am

Love the vintage find, wish we had that in Bahrain … ‘oh well’ & congrats on the feature it looks fab!

Love from the middle east
    Maha & Amal

Co-authors: adayinthesandbox.com

• Reply Scarlette July 24, 2012 at 7:55 am

Congrats, that’s so exciting! Your blog is beautiful! did you want to follow eachother?

Scarr xx

• Reply Paul Montt July 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm

your skirt it’s gorgeous <3

• Reply Mynor Alejandro Véliz July 31, 2012 at 8:15 am

hahahahaha, “es american@” it always happend in thrift stores! LOL!

• Reply Mynor Alejandro Véliz July 31, 2012 at 8:18 am

“Es American@” LOL!

• Reply Run With Fashion August 6, 2012 at 4:59 am

Pretty skirt! 🙂
    lol @ man repelling 😀
    & CONGRATS FOR BEING FEATURED IN A MAG IN YOUR COUNTRY!! 😀 That’s really awesome! Love the yeah yeah yeahs ♥

Thanks Fabi for your comment on my old post, My vday skulliction! ♥

Eliza

• Reply maria-villars August 7, 2012 at 6:09 am

Hola primera vez que descubro este blog y me encanta como quebras estandares viviendo en un pais como el nuestro acostumbrado a seguir reglas especificas y por lo mismo aburridas, sos una inspiracion para muchas chavas que aprecian el arte visual (en tu caso la ropa) exelente estilo y me encanta como te expresas en cada uno de tus posts, muchisima suerte y felicidades por tu especial en la revista (otro standar que quebraste: Art/fashion can be affordable y es para todos) exitos

• Reply maria-villars August 7, 2012 at 6:14 am

La manera en la que te expresas en tus posts son inspiradoras y la manera en la quebras estandares viviendo en nuestro pais acortumbrado a seguir las reglas aburridas en la moda, te merecias salir en esa revista, las personas necesitan ver gente como vos que crea high fashion in an affordable way, muchisima suerte y no perdas tu estilo, saludes de una Hondurena fascinada de encontrar gente como vos.

• Reply Rose Canham August 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Great find!! I thought that i should notfiy you that my blog is no longer called rose dust x, it is now called Fashion Rhapsody and is now under the domain http://www.fashionrhapsody.com

Thanks for following me, Rose x

• Reply June October 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Amazing find and congratulations on the feature Fabi! 🙂
    xx

• Reply Aolrdee.com July 20, 2017 at 10:54 pm

I jedesmal mailte diuese website Post-Seite, um
    alle meine Freunde Kontakte, aus deem Grund,, wenn
    es gerne lesen hinterher Kontakte auch.

• Reply Numbers July 21, 2017 at 3:45 am

Lesezeichen !!, Ich liebe Ihre Website!

• Reply Bennyhef July 21, 2017 at 4:10 am

wh0cd593267 amoxicillin 500mg Generic Flagyl

• Reply AlfredMet July 21, 2017 at 10:21 am

wh0cd666748 Erythromycin 500 Mg diflucan 150 mg bentyl oral

• Reply Charlesgow July 21, 2017 at 10:55 pm

wh0cd344224 [url=http://buyamoxil.us.com/]buy amoxil[/url]

• Reply Bennyhef July 22, 2017 at 12:58 am

wh0cd234925 prozac tablets

• Reply KennethOvake July 22, 2017 at 10:40 am

wh0cd103565 buy benadryl diarex herbolax

• Reply Luciano Beighley July 22, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks a lot

• Reply adultfriendfield es July 22, 2017 at 9:16 pm

great points altogether, you simply won a logo new reader.
    What may you recommend in regards to your put up that you simply made a few
    days ago? Any positive?